Thursday 20 August 2015

Rizq (Sustenance)

A man came to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) and said:

O Prophet of Allah, previously I was financially sound, but now I have become poor. I was healthy once, but now I have become ill. I was honorable at one time, but not I am dishonored. I was happy once, but now grief and sorrow has overcome me and the wide earth has become narrow for me. The whole day I go after sustenance, but am unable to find it sufficiently; as if my name has been removed from the register of sustenance.

Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said: Man, may be you are doing that which bring grief and sorrow.

He asked what it could be and the Hazrat (sawa) said:

May be you are tying the turban in sitting position,
or wearing pants in standing position,
biting the nails, drying your face with your skirt,
urinating in still water,
or sleeping on your stomach.

He said: I have not done any such thing.

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said: “Adopt the fear of Allah and make your inner self sincere and read this Dua:

Transliteration:

Ilaahee t’umuh’ul aamaali qad khaabat illa ilaika wa ma-a’akiful himami qad taqat’t’a-a’t illa a’laika wa madhaa hibul u’qooli qad samat illa ilaika fa ilaikar rajaa-u ilaikal multajaa-u. Yaa akrama maqs’oodin wa yaa ajwada mas-oolin harabtu ilaika binafsi yaa maljaa al-haaribeena bi athqaalidh dhunoobi ah’miluha a’laa z’ahree wa laa ajidu lee shaafi-a’n siwaa-i ma’rifati bi annaka aqrabu man rajaa-hut’ t’aaliboona wa lajaa-a ilaihil muz”t’arroona wa amala maa ladaihir raaghiboona yaa man fataqal u’qoola bi ma’rifatihi wa at’laqal al suna bi h’amdihi wa ja-a’la mam tanna bihi a’laa I’baadihi kafa-an lita-a diyati h’aqqihi s’alli a’laa Muh’ammadin wa aalihi wa laa taj-a’l lil humoomi a’laa a’qlee sabeela wa laa lil baat’ili a’laa a’malee daleelan waf tah’lee bi khairid duniya wal aakhirati yaa waliyyal khairi.

When that man read this Dua and made his intentions sincere, he returned to the best of conditions.

👉 Biharul Anwar , Chap: Adeeya Lil-Faraj, Vol. 92, Pg. 203

No comments:

Post a Comment